Coach/ Fencer Agreement
We offer free lessons at Dunblane as far as we are able.
By taking individual lessons we expect you to
- Listen to you coach
- Work hard
- Work on what your coach has set you during the week
In return your coach will:
- Listen to you and watch you fence
- Work hard to help you develop
- Continue his/her own professional development
If you wish to have lessons from one of our lead coaches (Rob or Charity) we expect you to do all of the above plus:
- Train at Dunblane twice a week or more and attend additional training by arrangement
- Use your time at the club effectively
- Support the development of others.
- Talk to your coach about wider aspects of your game – competition preparation, S&C, post-competition de-brief etc.Compete for Dunblane Fencing Club and wear your club hoodie at competitions.
In response we will do all of the above and:
- Work hard to give you lessons relating to your development
- Watch you compete and help you to improve
- Help you to plan and stay motivated.
- Communicate with you, your parents and any other adults involved in your performance, concerning your development.